The International Chamber of Shipping (ICS), the European Community Shipowners’ Associations (ECSA), and the Spanish Shipowners’ Association (ANAVE) will be jointly organising an event at the COP 25 in Madrid.
Entitled "How does maritime transport contribute to a carbon-neutral and climate-resilient planet by 2050?", the event will explore the current and planned actions by the shipping industry in response to the challenges of this COP25.
COP25, the UN Climate Change Conference, is now taking place in Madrid from 2 December until 13 December. Speaking at the event will be ICS Deputy Secretary-General, Simon Bennett, ECSA Secretary-General, Martin Dorsman, and ANAVE Director-General Manuel Carlier.
"The climate emergency is a global challenge. It requires a global solution,” said Martin Dorsman, ECSA’s Secretary-General.
“As 'Actors for the Climate', the shipping industry is playing its part by striving to achieve the IMO CO2 reduction targets. This requires research, development and innovation in new, alternative technologies and fuels. The COP 25 is the ideal environment for us to show the world that we are already taking actions and what those actions are.”
“But more has to be done by us. We are taking the responsibility by stepping up our efforts for a full decarbonisation as quickly as possible within this century,” he added.
- Name: Action FNA054 - “Maritime transport: an ally in the fight against climate change”
- Date and Time: Friday 13 December 2019, from 14:15 to 15:00.
- Venue: Sectoral Climate Action, Green Zone, IFEMA Madrid
How to participate?
- Register to first gain access to the "Green Zone" by clicking on "Access": https://www.ifema.es/en/cop25/green-zone
- Send an email with your full name and organisation name to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the event, please contact email@example.com