ECSA, Transport and Environment and the International Association of Class Society invite you to a European Shipping Summit session on
"Shipping for Net-Zero Europe"
European Shipping Summit, Brussels Museum of Fine Arts, Auditorium 490, Rue du Musée 5, 1000 Bruxelles
From 13.00 to 14.00 CET
The shipping industry is a cornerstone of European economic security: energy security, food security, security of supply of consumer goods. In order for European shipping to maintain its strategic competitiveness while delivering on the Green Deal objectives, we need to get the energy transition right.
The Fit for 55 is now in place and has set ambitious targets for the decarbonisation of the shipping sector. At the same time, the EU has put on the table ambitious plans to achieve a net-zero industrial transformation by 2050, striving for global leadership on strategic net-zero technologies.
- What is needed to ensure shipping can meet its Fit for 55 emission reduction objectives? What are the fuel and technological’ needs?
- How can the Net Zero Industry Act set shipping on the right path?
Opening remarks: Sotiris Raptis, ECSA Secretary General
- Polona Gregorin, Head of Unit in charge of Air, Rail, Water and Intermodal Policy, DG CLIMA, European Commission
- Felix de Carpentier, General Manager PULSE, CMA CGM
- Faig Abbasov, Director for shipping, T&E
- Miguel Gonzalez, Hydrogen Commercial Structuring, CEPSA
- Roberto Cazzulo, IACS incoming President – RINA
Closing remarks: Catherine Chabaud MEP
The session will be moderated by Panos Spiliotis, Environmental Defense Fund.
Want to know more about the European Shipping Summit? Join us on the event's website!